These notes are supplemental to the companies Terms and Conditions for full terms and Conditions see Terms and Conditions and are provided for the technical /commercial guidance of all customers using our web sites to advise the typical processes and procedures as apply to each individual purchase from GFD Trading Ltd
The GFD Trading Ltd Group of companies of which Warmcore Homes is a member company strongly recommends that all prospective customers acquaint themselves with these guidance notes and the companies Terms and Conditions before proceeding with any purchase.
GFD Trading Ltd reserves the right to amend our product range at any time. We reserve the right to correct any omission or error in any of our sales literature, online information, customer paperwork or other document without any liability to us.
All prices and specifications, whether produced online or otherwise, are subject to survey and qualification.
Every attempt has been made to ensure colours shown are accurate, but due to printing processes (in the case of printed documents and brochures etc.) and materials used, or due to discrepancies on settings between third party browsers and devices, colours may be slightly different on screen or on print compared to the finished door.
Please note that all CAD images (and there are thousands used throughout the site) are shown as visual representations of the door and or glazing and are not intended to be taken literally. We strongly recommend all customers view our on-line gallery for real life images of the doors. Colour samples are available on request; please contact us to request a sample.
Every attempt has been made to ensure glass is represented as accurately as possible within the limitations of displaying a transparent material in print / on screen
If there is any doubt as to interpretation of any of the images used upon our web site, please contact one of our sales team for clarification before proceeding with the order
As a part of our installation service we take pre and post installation photographs for record purposes – by agreeing to these Guidance Notes and the GFD Trading Ltd Terms and Conditions the purchaser accepts that the GFD Trading Ltd or any of its subsidiaries may use these photographs for marketing purposes. Should any customer object to this use of photographs please advise the company in writing and the images and any supporting text will be removed from the web site immediately upon receipt of the notification.
Every attempt has been made to ensure glass is represented as accurately as possible within the limitations of displaying a transparent material in print / on screen.
The Website is owned and operated by GFD Trading Limited. Registered office: Barrington House, 41-45 Yarm Road, Stockton on Tees, TS18 3 EA
Notes applicable only to full purchase and installation services
Assistance – In order to assist you with your purchase should you be experiencing difficulty with the web site or be unfamiliar with dimensional requirements etc our Sales team are available during normal business hours to answer all of your technical queries – if you should require this service please use the contact number shown on the web site
Price – the price for any door to be purchased inclusive of installation will be as it appears on the given page of the web site
Payment (non-finance customers)
- A £60 deposit is required with every installation order prior to acceptance of the order by GFD Trading Ltd . The remaining balance will be split into two equal payments, and the first stage payment will be taken after the survey is completed.
- The final stage payment will be taken once the customer signs off the works as completed. Stage payments will be deducted automatically from the card used to pay the deposit, unless the customer has specifically instructed us otherwise. The GFD Group does not store card details and all payments are processed securely by our merchant bank.
- If there are any outstanding issues or further works required, Final payment will be taken once the remedial works are completed and signed off.
- It is important that you check the information provided in your Order Confirmation as we will be unable to amend the door style, colour etc. once the door has gone into production. For customers using the Sage Pay facility this means that once the survey has been completed and you have agreed for your card to be charged, no change can be made to the order.
Home Survey Conditions-
The purpose of GFD Trading Ltd conducting a Home Survey is to ensure that correct dimensions are taken prior to manufacture of the new door it is therefore requested that either the customer or their representative be in attendance when the surveyor calls in order that any problems which may be discovered can be addressed prior to installation.
If building works are currently in progress on the property the customer is also asked to have the builder or site manager present.
If at the time of survey neither the customer, their representative nor their builders cannot provide relevant information this may require another survey visit at an additional cost of £40.
For guidance purposes we would advise the following as the typical items which may prevent or compromise the survey
- It is the responsibility of any customer living in a conservation area to ensure that the product we are supplying is suitable and allowed by the local authority. GFD Trading LTD accepts no responsibility for checking these details, and any cancellation on this basis will not result in a refund.
- The structural opening must be present when we arrive to survey we cannot proceed this is not the case, should a further visit be required to survey once the opening is prepared this will be at an additional cost of £40.
- In the event building works are currently in progress requiring a new floor which has not been installed the customer (or representative on site) must agree a floor level with our surveyor and confirm the agreed level by witnessing the surveyor’s documentation. GFD Trading LTD accepts no responsibility for issues with floor level or clearance once this has been agreed and witnessed by the customer as a part of the site survey.
- If there are any electrical cables or wires running through the existing door frame that will obstruct the installation of a new frame (or cause a potential hazard), it is the responsibility of the customer to have these removed by a third party before the installation takes place. The customer must agree a date for installation to be scheduled after any works to remove live wires/cables have taken place. If on the day of the installation it is found live wires still remain, the installation may not be able to go ahead and in this instance there will be an abortive visit fee payable by the customer at the full value of the fitting cost.
Should the customer be unwilling or unable to have such works carried out GFD Trading Ltd reserve the option to cancel the order without refund to the customer.
All doorbell wires/alarm wires must be removed prior to the installation, and it is the responsibility of the customer to reconnect these afterwards as this is not included in our service.
- Where the customer that has an electrical entry system connected to the current door the customer is requested to notify GFD Trading before the survey is carried out. Where required GFD Trading Ltd can supply doors with electrical opening devices (at an additional cost) but as we do not undertake any electrical works the customer will have to make independent arrangements with a third party electrical engineer to complete the installation.
- Where an existing alarm sensor/s are fitted to the existing door and these are to be retained on the new door the customer will be required to liaise with an Alarm Engineer who will be required to remove and reposition GFD Trading accept no responsibility for defect arising out of any electrical / alarm works carried out.
- With reference to the previous two items – where the electrical/alarm remedial work is limited to tasks such as repositioning sensors or similar tasks that can be undertaken without the involvement of a third party engineer – upon request by the customer GFD Trading Installers will always endeavour to assist in such matters but neither the Company or its representatives will accept any responsibility should our actions result in any system becoming inoperable.
- On the day of survey our surveyor will check to ensure the door has a lintel present. This is a Statutory Requirement of Building Regulations – if no lintel is currently in place or we cannot validate the structural integrity of the opening we cannot proceed with the installation of the door.
As GFD Trading LTD cannot supply or install lintels, remove brickwork or otherwise carry out any aspect of structural building work.
Where a new lintel is required to be installed the customer will have to have this work carried out by a third party prior to our installation of the new door if the at this stage customer wishes to cancel the order due to the additional third party costs the initial deposit paid to GFD Trading Ltd will not be refundable.
- Please note that in certain dwellings it is a legal requirement that the door is fire rated for 30 minutes (FD30). This includes (but is not limited to);
- Flats/apartments (both in corridors and on balcony’s)
- Garage doors that lead from the house directly into the garage
- Shared entrances/main doors to multiple entrance dwelling
It is the responsibility of the customer to determine whether a fire door is required before placing the order. GFD Trading LTD can supply and install FD30 composite doors, and if this is not what has been ordered GFD Trading Ltd will advise the customer of the alternative FD30 option doors to allow a decision to be made as to whether they wish to proceed, should the customer require cancellation of the order after the survey reveals a fire door is required (but has not been ordered), the deposit will not be refundable.
Upon completion of the Site Survey and confirmation that there are no reasons why we cannot proceed with the installation we will send a confirmation to the customer in the form of an “email” which will –
- Include a copy of the customer order which will include a detailed specification of the selected door, plus a listing of any order amendments already requested and agreed.
- itemise any technical details noted by our surveyor
- include a request from ourselves to the customer that they – “Please carefully check over all details and reply to this email to confirm you are happy to proceed.”
- Include a notification from ourselves to the customer that “by proceeding with this order you are agreeing to our terms and conditions” (the Terms and Conditions all as stated in this document and the associated Purchase Agreement.)
- There are restrictions on particular door designs and locking systems. Should the survey reveal that the current aperture size is not suitable for what has been ordered, we will contact you to discuss the alternative options. If customers are in any doubt as to the suitability of their door choice they should, before placing their order ,contact GFD Trading direct with rough measurements of the opening and photographs s of the current aperture / installation and we shall advise suitability or otherwise.
Installation & Final Finish – what is included
- Our standard installation service includes fixing frames directly to brick/block work, expanding foam products will only be used where excessive voids are to be made good to prevent draught ingress and we will as far as is possible prevent such foam entering any cavity between brickwork skins. In the absence of alternative instructions (and at the discretion of our installers) we will typically finish with uPVC architraves (colour matched to the frame), silicone seal and ‘make good’ any consequent damage.
For the purposes of each and every Installation carried out by GFD Trading Ltd ‘Making good’ is defined as patching up any damage to plaster, render or brickwork the accepted standard being no more than remedial work to within two inches from the frame. The definition “Making Good” does not include painting, wallpapering, pebble-dashing or rendering and this will be the responsibility of the customer once any repairs are made good.
- Where customers request additional work or materials that are not part of our standard installation package any additional costs will always be discussed with the customer to confirm before we proceed with additional works. This includes, but is not limited to, additional fascia boards, hardwood sills or trims, timber infills, making good particularly large areas of render/plaster or pebble-dash.
Deposit Protection Scheme and Insurance Backed Guarantees
Guarantee – when you purchase a quality composite door from WarmCore Homes the Product guarantees as noted in clause 8.1 of our standard group Terms and Conditions will apply to your purchase
As WarmCore Homes is a company within the GFD Group they share the same GGF benefits as all GFD Group companies which in respect of any deposits ensures that the consumers payment will be covered by the GGF Deposit Indemnity Scheme via the GGF Fund Ltd – all terms and conditions related to this deposit protection scheme can be accessed by visiting the GGF Myglazing.com and reviewing the section headed “Free Deposit Protection”
The GGF through their wholly owned subsidiary the GGFI (a company authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority), also provides the GFD Trading group of companies with their Insurance Backed Guarantee (IBGs) cover – it has been a mandatory requirement since June 2014 for all businesses registered who subscribe to a competent person scheme to provide their customers with such IBGs,
As a Warmcore Homes customer, all details of every sale will be registered with GGFI immediately upon completion of full the payment price of the agreed purchase price for product and services at which time the IBG will be actioned in respect of individual purchases – for further information on the GGFI see www.ggfi.org.uk/home/about-us
Emergency callouts and locksmiths
GFD Trading in conjunction operate an emergency call out service for malfunction of locks however as we operate on a national basis we cannot always guarantee an immediate service – in order to comply with our “emergency call out service” customers will be notified at the time of purchase of the procedure they are required to follow – which is –
- In the rare event a malfunction with the locking system renders the door inoperable, the customer must make every attempt to call us direct for GFD Trading to authorise further action.
- If the malfunction should occur outside of business hours the customer must seek the services of a third party. Any costs incurred by an emergency locksmith visit will be reimbursed to the customer direct by GFD Trading LTD, but only in the event that the customer can produce an invoice or receipt for the works and as long as the call out fee does not exceed £100. The customer is asked to only have the door secured and made functional by a third party. Any replacement parts required will be supplied/installed by GFD Trading as part of the warranty. Any claims to cover costs of parts supplied by a third party that are otherwise covered under our guarantee will not be refunded by GFD Trading.